As Release Engineer at En Masse, you will be the gatekeeper of the tools and processes that deliver world-class games to our players, while supporting the development of new games and business tools.
You will define and manage the end-to-end process of ingesting builds delivered by our partnered game developers, preparing them for distribution on our platform, and deploying them to the appropriate internal and external environments. You will be responsible for updating live game services for our titles, as well as proactively communicating build and environment status to product stakeholders.
- Define the build update and deploy processes, including but not limited to:
- Build out scripting to make the build process quicker and easier to manage for test builds and hotfixes.
- Build out tools to facilitate deployment and testing of PC and console builds (Xbox One, PS4).
- Build out other QA tools for facilitating testing of web, GM Tool, platform features.
- Maintain accessibility and system patches for test/internal environments.
- Facilitate internal game patch deployments until systems are in place that allow team members to deploy their own builds as necessary.
- Define and maintain build system and processes to create a more universal and scalable deployment process for existing and new titles.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert of patch management across all titles, from ingestion to live deployment.
- Strong communication skills for coordinating build delivery of multiple versions across multiple titles, with both internal and external development teams and internal product management teams.
- Execute live deployments during non-peak hours.
- Assist in T1 on-call support.
- 2+ years of experience creating and maintaining automated build systems.
- Strong working knowledge of common languages used in build systems (C#, Python, PowerShell).
- Strong working knowledge of command line interfaces (DOS/Linux), Powershell and SQL interface and maintenance tools.
- Ability to work with and manage multiple virtual machine (VM) installations.
- Willingness to communicate with overseas developers outside of regular office hours.
- Ability to work an on-call rotation for patch and server maintenance issues.
- Experience with creating and maintaining documentation such as technical guides and system diagrams.
- Ability to mentor and cross-train members of your team and stakeholders in other departments.
- Experience managing deployment and maintenance for console (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) products is a plus!
- Experience with Enterprise-class hypervisors like Hyper-V and VMWare a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Content Delivery Networks such as Akamai or MaxCDN a plus.
- Hands-on experience with automation tools such as Teraform, Packer, Microsoft System Center Suite, Jenkins, etc.
- A passion for massively multiplayer online role-playing games is also a plus!
Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing exciting work and developing a culture that's great for everyone. Our culture of trust and transparency fosters collaboration at all levels. In return for giving us your best, we offer abundant benefits like a generous PTO/Open Vacation Plan, free health benefits to all our employees, transportation passes, a kitchen stocked full of snacks, and more.
Only submissions containing cover letters will be considered.