As Release Manager at En Masse, you will be the gatekeeper for deploying exciting game updates and new features to our players. If the prospect of interfacing with developers from all over the world, working in a fast-paced environment, and delighting players by delivering fun new ways to play our games excites you, this may be the position for you!
You will define and manage the end-to-end process of ingesting builds delivered by our partnered game developers, preparing them for distribution on our platform, and deploying them to the appropriate internal and external environments. You will manage the live maintenance schedule for all of our PC titles and be responsible for proactively communicating build and environment status to product stakeholders.
- Define the build management and deploy process.
- Manage the live deploy and maintenance schedule for multiple titles.
- Communicate with international developers regarding their build deploy schedule
- Manage and deploy builds to multiple environments (development, QA, production) across several PC games.
- Communicate and provide visibility to project stakeholders regarding the state of each environment at any given time.
- Identify opportunities for automation and develop automation solutions.
- Define best practices for deploying builds and making builds available both internally and externally.
- 2-3 years of experience managing the live deploy process for a “live” game.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to successfully work with multiple functions within an organization.
- Ability to work an on-call rotation for patch and server maintenance issues.
- Working knowledge of command line interfaces (DOS/Linux), Powershell and SQL interface and maintenance tools.
- Ability to work with and manage multiple virtual machine (VM) installations.
- Willingness to communicate with overseas developers outside of regular office hours.
- Experience managing live deploy and maintenance schedule for console (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) products is a plus!
- A passion for massively multiplayer online role-playing games is also a plus!
Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing exciting work and maintaining a culture that works for everyone. Our culture of trust and transparency fosters collaboration at all levels. In return for giving us your best, we offer abundant benefits like a generous PTO/Open Vacation Plan, free health benefits to all our employees, transportation passes, a kitchen stocked full of snacks, and more.
Only submissions including cover letters will be considered