En Masse Entertainment is looking for a DevOps Engineer to participate in our continuing effort to adopt a DevOps approach toward configuration, deployment, and automation. En Masse’s infrastructure is robust and extensible, covering PC, and mobile games as well as corporate sites and services. If you are a decisive, confident, and flexible person who is excited to work in the video games industry, and you are willing to lead our continuing development, automation, and deployment efforts, then we would like to talk with you.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will take the lead in identifying opportunities to automate, to virtualize, and to simplify management of our existing systems and new systems in development. You will assist our platform developers in automating server provisioning and code deployment, help maintain a reliable live service for players on our PC and mobile game platforms, and find opportunities to simplify and increase the efficacy of systems management for our operations team. You will manage our hypervisors (MS Hyper-V 2012), storage (Netapp), backup strategies (snap mirroring), to allow for self-service of our development, edge, and production environments. You will be using Chef as the single point of truth for all Linux systems and furthering the development as well as the integration of Chef into new and existing workflows.
As part of a lean team, you will participate in an on-call rotation approximately one week per month. You will occasionally be required to resolve issues escalated from our 24/7 monitoring systems and Customer Support.
- 4-year degree in technical field or 5+ years of relevant experience and a track record of achievements
- 3+ years of experience operating a consumer-facing network
- 2+ years hands-on server and virtualization knowledge (Chef, Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V)
- Relevant experience in operations team or QA or technical skills in system admin, network admin, etc.
- Experience with storage area network (SAN), routing, and switching
- Experience with high-end firewalls and load balancers
- Experience with Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 10-12, and Centos 6.0-7
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, MS SQL 2012, Oracle, and MySQL administrator knowledge
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Cloud experience with Azure, CenturyLink
- Experience working with Docker, Docker Swarm and Docker Registry, Jenkins
- Passion for and experience in the gaming industry (multiplayer online role-playing, mobile, tabletop, video, etc.)
- Familiarity with Ruby and Python
Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work, and contributing to a culture that's great for all our employees. We offer a fun work environment as part of our effort to keep us a motivating, healthy, and productive company. We offer an extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, transportation passes, and 401(k). We believe in enjoying R&R, so we reward our team members with an Open Vacation Program and 10+ paid holidays—not to mention in-house gameplay tournaments and catered hot lunches. Game on! For more information about En Masse, visit our corporate site at www.enmasse.com- and be sure to check out the sites for our gaes: TERA, ZMR, Battle Plans, and AVA