Do you love data? Have you ever played an MMO and considered all the various metrics collected behind the scenes? We’re looking for an MMO gamer who loves data, technology, and analysis. As a Database Developer / DBA you will work with various teams throughout the company to determine data needs and use the latest cutting-edge technologies to provide not only raw data, but information to customers.
This position requires someone with an acute attention to detail, an analytical mind, and a passion for technology and games. This position will be 80 percent database development and 20 percent database performance tuning and optimization. You will work primarily with databases, back-end servers, dashboard technologies, and ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tools. In addition, you will get to explore through data to try and find outliers, trends, and interesting data points to share with the rest of the company.
Key Competencies: (specific attributes or skills needed to be successful)
- Gamer or industry-level knowledge of MMORPGs required.
- Strong math/statistics modeling experience required.
- A passion for Console/PC online games.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Passion for Business Intelligence or technology as a whole.
- Understanding of data models.
Key Qualifications: (i.e. education and experience required and preferred)
- BA or BS, preferably in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Deep understanding of relational databases.
- Experience in data-mining.
- Expert understanding of MS SQL (including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET and Tableau.
- Experience in the field of Business Intelligence a plus.
- 1-2 years of MMO industry experience a plus.